Okay Y’all! I ain’t from the south , but with weather like this, I sure wish I was! All jokes aside, this southern style dinner is one that will have the kids begging for MORE! I created this ensemble myself one day after school. I was craving something flavorful, and hearty for dinner. The idea originally came about when I remembered my mom making corn bread for thanksgiving. It was AWESOME! Unfortunately , I did not have any cornmeal at home to make cornbread with this recipe, it would have truly completed this meal. Either way, these sour cream mash potatoes with stuffed mushroom /cajun chicken breast was MOUTH WATERING!
1. Chicken Breast
2. Half an Onion
3.2 Peppers of your choice
4. Green Beans
10.2 tbsp Butter/Margarine
11. 1/2 cup Sour Cream
12. 1/4 Cup Milk
13.1/2 cup vinegar
In a pot, bring 3 cups of water and 1tbsp of salt to boil. Pour in green beans and boil until tender. Strain, and ad 1tsp of butter. Toss, ad black pepper/salt, and ready to serve.
In a large bowl, clean chicken breast with 1/cup of vinegar and luke warm water. Strain Water.
1. With a fork, poke chicken breast all over
2. Drizzle olive oil over chicken breast, and coat thoroughly
3. Slice chicken breast horizontally without completely slicing it open ( like a book)
4. Add uncooked sliced mushrooms, put them inside the chicken breast
5. Season chicken with cajun seasoning, black pepper, salt, chopped onions, and garlic powder
6.Leave in fridge for 4-5hours ( for best results but can cook right away)
7. Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 25-30 minutes
In a skillet fry peppers on medium heat. Season with a bit of salt / sweet teriyaki sauce . Afte 5-7 minutes, ready to serve.
Mash Potatoes :
Peel 6-8 Large/medium potatoes and boil until cooked.
1. Strain Water from pot
2. Add butter, sour cream , salt, milk, and black pepper to potatoes
4. Ready to serve